Monday, June 18, 2018

Millersylvania 50K


I am feeling committed to succeeding in my White River 50 mile race next month. To keep my distance running up, I signed up for the Millersylvania 50K. I'm so glad I chose to do this race. I hadn't been to Millersylvania State Park before, and it was a beautiful place to run!

The was a Rainshadow Running race. The course was five 10K loops, and one part of the trail was underwater. Just as my shoes felt dried out, I was back at the water and getting wet all over again. There was a lot of sand under that water and it made it's way into my shoes each time I ran through it. Water aside, the trail was really nice to run on. It was soft and wide.

The lake at the start of the race. I felt like I should have been getting ready for a triathlon!

Soft, smooth path

Fern meadow
Boardwalk
More lovely trail

No comments:

Post a Comment