Sunday, February 4, 2018

West Seattle Beach Run

25K Feb. 4, 2018 Super Bowl Sunday

Photo credit: Ross Comer

It was Super Bowl Sunday last weekend! I ran a 25K and took my Hero with me. I love to do my long runs with other people, and running the West Seattle Beach Run was a great way to do it. The race was in my neighborhood so I didn't have to get up extra early to drive a long way to the starting line. There was also a 50K distance (out and back twice). At first I couldn't decide whether to sign up for the 50K or the 25K. Then I came to my senses, and decided to sleep in a little and run the 25K.

Start and finish "line"

The turn-around

The aid station along Alki Beach. It was windy and cold, but not raining.
 
The tide was in and the wind was blowing the waves high on the wall.

A visiting seal pup was relaxing on the beach (in the center of this picture).

I love the beach in West Seattle!

Hero was snuggling into his bed in the back of the car after the run. Looks like one leg got left out.


No comments:

Post a Comment