Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Northwest Trail Runs - Winter Series

This season, both of my kiddos participated in the Northwest Trail Runs Winter Trail Series. It was a great way to keep them running after the fall cross country season ended. There are boys and girls 12 & under divisions that they competed in. They had to run at least 4 of the 7 races to be ranked. The girls division was more competitive with some fast girls. My daughter took second in the series--no cigar. My son took first in his division and won an awesome nylon and fleece blanket!
 



November 4, 2017 - Carkeek Cooler 5K

 
 
Photo credit: Taryn Graham

Photo credit: Taryn Graham
 
I was on a different course, doing the Green River Marathon that morning with Hero.
 
November 19, 2017 - Ravenna Refresher
 
While I was working on the Quadzukilla races, the kids were doing their second run in the Winter Series.
 
Photo credit: Yutaka Suzue

Photo credit: Yutaka Suzue
 
December 16, 2017 - Seward Solstice Run
 
This course was 2 laps and I ran the second with my daughter.
 
Photo credit: Takao Suzuki
 
Photo credit: Takao Suzuki

Photo credit: Takao Suzuki
 
February 3, 2018 - Interlaken Icicle Dash
 
This was a common sight - my daughter just behind my son. She was so frustrated. She wanted to beat him just once! He admitted to having a strategy. He said he ran with his sister for the first mile or two and then, if he was feeling good (which he always was) then he would pick up the pace and race to the finish. 

 
Photo credit: Yutaka Suzue




No comments:

Post a Comment