Friday, April 24, 2015

Seahawks 12K

Sheila, Tami, and me at the finish of the race.
 
Okay, I am one of those people that so many real Seahawks fans have complained about. I didn't start cheering for the Seahawks until they won the Super Bowl in 2014. I did not cheer all of those years when they didn't win, so I don't deserve to call myself a real fan. I just jumped on the bandwagon when the home team was winning. To tell you the truth, I was not a football fan before 2014 nor did I ever watch football games including Super Bowls.
 
With that disclaimer out of the way, I ran the Seahawks 12K last weekend with my two good friends, Tami and Sheila. Tami had run the race before and loved it. Now I know why. It was an out and back course and at the turn around we ran around the Seahawks training facility. It was very cool! There was a water station at the turn around with some of the players handing out drinks! The players had just returned from spring training in Hawaii, those lucky clucks. I also enjoyed the race because I got to run with my friends and the weather was pleasant.
 
I should have taken a picture of the endless rows of port-a-potties at the start line. I felt like I was surround by an army of blue honey buckets! I've never seen so many in one place. There were 12,000 participants in the race and NO LINES for the bathrooms! Race Directors, please take note of how fabulous this was!
 
The proceeds of this race were given to A Better Seattle, an organization that helps at-risk youth in Seattle. I can't think of a better reason to run.


I love my Seahawks t-shirt, finisher's medal, and race bib.
While we were running, we talked about the Boston Marathon that would take place the next day. It got me thinking about how I've never qualified for Boston and maybe it is time to give it a try. After all, I am registered for the Tunnel Lite Marathon, a Boston qualifier (BQ), in September. That race was listed recently as one of the top 10 BQs in the country (click here). I am left pondering whether I can do it. My qualifying time must be 3hrs 55 minutes. Hmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment