Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Speed workouts begin


http://www.westseattlerunner.com/

I have a running store in my neighborhood, and it just moved even closer to my house!! The West Seattle Runner is now a half mile away and right next to the track at the community center. This store has been so good to me. If they don't have what I need in the store, they will order it for me.

The store has weekly track workouts every Tuesday, and they are free. I've always been aware of the benefits of speed workouts (see post here) but I haven't been able to squeeze them into my schedule. I decided to take advantage of this opportunity, and I joined the group for a test run today. We did four 400 meters at a fast pace with 200 meter rest between each. Then, I had to leave to pick my daughter up from her choir practice. I am officially going to commit to doing a weekly track workout with them. Holding myself accountable to this group is going to keep me coming back. I hope to see some benefits of these workouts in the form of faster race times.

No comments:

Post a Comment