Monday, September 15, 2014

#51 of 52 - Black Diamond Half

Last weekend's race was part of a bigger gig. It included triathlons--sprint, Olympic, and half ironman distances--and duathlons, and a half marathon. It was out by Enumclaw where I was born and raised. I ran this half marathon coarse once before. It was a long time ago when I was doing triathlons and this run was part of the half ironman. The last 1.5 miles of the run goes around a lake on a nice wide trail. This year was an unseasonably nice day for mid-September.

The run didn't feel very good for me though, and I can't figure out why. Was I coming down with a cold? Was I too hot? I just felt tired, all the way down to my toes.

I chatted with these girls at the start of the race. The course had several out-and-backs so I got to say hi to them often.

View of Mt Rainier. I grew up with a completely unobstructed view of this guy and it never got old looking at him.

Horse pastures. I grew up riding horses and I love them!

This is the lovely, wide path around the lake near the end of the race. It was nice and cool in the trees.

Here is the lake. The locals call it "Deep Lake" because it's, well, deep (and cold). I spent a lot of summer days here cooling off on a dock that is no longer in the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment