Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Camping on the Coast


I intentionally kept last weekend open so we could do our annual backpacking trip to the coast with our friends. My kids are only 6 and 9 years old but this trip has already become a tradition for them and they look forward to it every year. I missed some great races, but I wouldn't have traded the beach and sand for any of them! I didn't exactly not run at all last weekend because my husband and I ran 7.25 miles together on the beach on our third day.

Crossing Puget Sound on the ferry. It is a 5 to 6 hour drive to reach the trail head, including this 30 minute ferry ride.
 
Having a snack at the trail head.
 

A lot of the trail is boardwalk. We hiked 3 miles to the Sand Point beach.
 
 
We spent 4 days at this beach. The kids played every waking moment.
 
 
My daughter found a star fish.
 
My daughter, eating dinner in her new "dining room." There is so much stuff that washes up on the beach and the kids gather it up and build forts and other things with it.
 
Here is the "kitchen."
 
Jiffy Pop popcorn, cooked on a little gas stove.
 
We had sunny, hot weather. The sunsets were beautiful.
 
Group photo before heading home!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment