Saturday, September 20, 2014

#52 of 52 - Beat the Blerch

The Beat the Blerch was a good ol' fun race! Not to mention that it was number 52!!!! The weather was just right--cloudy and cool. I ran with two wonderful friends, Tami and Lisa.
Tami, Lisa, and me at the start of the race. Thank you, girls, for sharing my monumental day with me!

And hear is how the race organizers made it fun.

They provided a couch at each aid station! We sat down and rested with a few Blerches.
 
Sasquatch was lurking in the bushes at an aid station.
 
They served cake at the aid stations!!
 
Lisa is enjoying the cake at mile 10.
 
The costumes were fantastic.

The signs along the way kept me laughing.







I'm at the end of the road--this was my last race! I completed my 52nd race in 365 days today, with one week to spare.



Just a week ago, I reflected on my year-long journey. And I realized that not once did I feel like a race was a chore that needed to be completed. Instead, I looked forward to each running event. I ran in places that I never would have gone to before, and met people that I would have never had the blessing to meet.

I amassed a few things along the way:

Shirts











Medals








Bibs
 
I also spent a few dollars, $7,260 to be exact. That includes some gas to travel overnight to races but doesn't include all gas. It also includes new shoes, hotels, a few massages, Gu, a couple of 5Ks with my daughter, and some other running gear (socks, gloves, shorts). I tried to go as inexpensively as I could so I usually opted out of buying a race shirt if I had to pay for it separately.

Am I really done running?? NO WAY!!
Tomorrow I am running a 19K trail run in Squamish, BC. I can't wait!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment