Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Sedona Marathon


 
 
I had the opportunity to do a girls' weekend/running destination trip last weekend. I went to Arizona to run the Sedona Marathon. It felt good to get away, and see the sunshine. And I laughed so much with old friends and new that my stomach muscles were sore.
 
My travel buddy, Tami, and I flew to Phoenix on Thursday and met up with Lesa, our amazing ultra-runner friend. Lesa's "bestie," Elaine, flew in from Pennsylvania. And we all drove to Sedona for the race, with a little wine tasting and other touristy activities along the way.
 
We flew home the day after the race. But we did a little hiking before saying goodbye to Sedona.
 
I ate a lot of food last weekend. It was a wonderful trip. I highly recommend the Sedona Marathon. It was a well organize and an extremely well supported race. The course was hilly, and the town is at a high elevation (over 4,000 feet) which I'm not used to because I live at sea level. However, the views were amazing!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment