Thursday, September 10, 2015

Training on the Road (Part II)



Last weekend was a blast. It was 4 days, adults only, in Las Vegas. I intended to get up early in the mornings to run, before the streets filled with people and before the temperatures rose. Those intentions were good, but I ended up staying up waaaay too late each night and I didn't get up early enough in the mornings to follow through on my running plans. My friend has an old saying, "YOU CAN'T SOAR WITH THE EAGLES IF YOU'RE HOOTIN' WITH THE OWLS." Except I did make it out the door on the first morning and ran about 5 miles to the University of Nevada campus. University campuses are always fun to run around because they are usually pretty, and they remind my of my younger days as a student.



I was hoping to run the Backpacker Magazine's urban hike on the strip. It would have been a nice 16-mile out-and-back. Instead, I cooled off at the pool during the day, and danced the nights away. Running the strip will be something I look forward to on the next trip.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment