Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Mt Peak

It is time to start training for the White River 50 Mile Endurance Run. When I am in Buckley for the weekend (Dad lives in Buckley), what better place to train than on Mt Peak?! It is about 3.5 miles from Buckley, over the White River bridge, to Mt Peak. There is a 1 mile gravel road up the south side of the peak with a trail finishing the last quarter mile to the top. The ascent is about 900 feet. Then, I descend the 1 mile trail down the north side. From there, I either turn around and go back the way I came or I have to run a 3 mile loop around dairy farms on the road to get back on the path home. It's nice training grounds!

Starting out before the rest of my family wakes up.

Passing cow pastures on the way to Mt Peak. It was overcast this day and I was in the clouds at the top of the peak.

Columnar basalt right there on Mt Peak!
 
On this particular day, the view was clear and Mt Rainier was looking majestic.

Hero was enjoying the sun near the top of the peak.


No comments:

Post a Comment