Tuesday, August 19, 2014

#49 of 52 - Pound the Ground 4 Ultrasound

I had a nice morning running at Fort Steilacoom! The course was 2 laps of weaving around the park. For the first few miles, my left arch hurt. It felt like something was under the orthotic in my shoe that was pushing it up into my arch. So, I finally took off my shoe at around mile 7.5 and took out the orthotic and put it back in. Shortly after that, the pain was gone. Around 8.5 miles, I met up with a Half Fanatic, Tyler, that I recognized from previous races. He is shooting for Venus--13 races in 79 days. We ran the rest of the race together.

I saw a girl cut the course. This was the first time I've ever noticed such a thing. Tyler and another runner even made her aware of it but she didn't go back and run the part she missed. She cut off about a half mile of the course. It didn't bother me too much. After all, she was already ahead of me and just got further ahead. It was in an open field and I could see that she also did not "pass" anyone in the process.

The course took me around this lake twice. It was so tranquil and beautiful.
 
Here is a hill I had to run up, twice. This is the first time and we are at mile 5.5. That's Tyler in the green shirt.
 
I used a pink port-a-potty. My first time in a pink one, so I took a picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment