Thursday, August 14, 2014

#48 of 52 - First Call Summer Half Marathon


The First Call Half Marathon was last Saturday. I am glad the run started earlier in the morning and there was shade along the way. It was a pretty warm day. My family joined me for this run. My husband is training for the Cutthroat Classic (an 11 mile race) at the end of the month and thought he should try to do some miles to train for it. We brought the kids along to ride their bikes with us. And Hero was with us, too.

I am tired of running in the same old 3 tank tops so I pulled this cotton tie-dye shirt out of the back of my closet. I normally don't run in cotton but desperate times called for desperate measures. Someone running along the path said to me, "I can't hear you, your dress is too loud!" That put a smile on my face for a half mile or so.
Family photo after the race. Hero had his sun cover on. I kept it a little wet to keep him cool. We also offered him water to drink along the way. A woman ran by me during the race and called me stupid while staring at Hero. She must have thought I was doing him a disservice. It really hurt. But I know Hero was okay. He's from Georgia and he seems to be at home in the warm weather.
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment