Monday, February 24, 2014

#23 and 24 - the Washington State Tour

#23 Richland Run Fest Half Marathon (2/22/14) Family and dog went to Richland, WA last Friday afternoon. We stayed in the Red Lion Inn at the start of the race. I loved getting up in the morning and being at the start of the race!! I didn't have to use a port-a-potty because I just went back to my room to use the toilet! They have a cool band stand in the park. Here is a lovely educationally video about "the fingernail" band stand. http://richlandwa.swagit.com/play/09032010-58  I demo'd some Hoka shoes and ran the first mile in them. (My friend runs in Hokas so I sent her the picture below.) I was so glad to see Andy on the route with my Asics in hand. I switched shoes and I felt 10 pounds lighter! At around mile 2, I started running with a gentleman from Spokane who was doing the full marathon (out and back twice). We ran a really good pace. I knew I could break 2 hours, and then I finished in 2 hrs and 15 seconds. So close!



#24 Hazel Dell Half Marathon (2/23/14) After the Richland race I showered in the room and then we headed to Vancouver, WA. We did some letterboxing along the way. (see letterboxing info at http://www.atlasquest.com/ ) We checked into a hotel in Vancouver and the next morning I ran the Hazel Dell Half Marathon with Hero. This race was to raise money for an animal rescue group. It seemed fitting to have Hero along since he is our very own rescue dog. We ran in Salmon Creek Park and it was relaxing. Can you say relaxing when you are talking about running?? They served red velvet cupcakes at the finish!

Whew, February was a hard month. I finished 9 halfs in 4 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment