Sunday, February 2, 2014

#18 of 52 - Geoduck Gallup


Ha, ha. This race was at Evergreen State College. My sister says she doesn't think this place is even a real accredited college. It was a place where hippies could hang out together in the 1970s. The mascot is a geoduck for goodness sake! Have you heard their fight song?
Go, Geoducks go,
Through the mud and the sand, let’s go.
Siphon high, squirt it out,
swivel all about, let it all hang out.
Go, Geoducks go,
Stretch your necks when the tide is low
Siphon high, squirt it out,
swivel all about, let it all hang out.
The grounds are beautiful. Acres and acres of forest with paths.
And the Seahawks are heading to the Superbowl! I dressed to rep the home team.

 
On a more somber note, while I was running my sisters and husband were moving my mom's things to an Alzheimer's home. My dad has finally decided he can no longer take care of her at home. It is heart-breaking. My dad loves my mom so much and he keeps apologizing for moving her. Although my mom often doesn't know who my dad is, she stills clings to him for comfort. Somewhere in her subconscious, she still has a bond with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment