Saturday, January 25, 2014

#16 of 52 - Tukwila to Alki Half Marathon


Today was a nice, home-grown race put on by my friend, Steve. I brought Hero with me and we ran on the Duamish River Trail. Right after the start of the race, the trail crossed under I-5. Cars were hitting a metal bar as they drove over and it made a big bang. Hero freaked out and hit the deck—he started crawling around on his belly. I got him out from under there as fast as I could. I think he thought someone was shooting at him. He has buckshot in his chest and we don’t know if that was spray from a hunt he was on or if he was actually shot.

We met Tami and her dog, Baxter, at about 8.5 miles and they ran the rest of the race with us. The finish was along Alki beach and the sun came out. Our finisher’s medals were popsicle sticks on a string with glitter glued on. This is definitely my favorite race so far! Here's a picture of Baxter and his mom at the finish line. You can't really see me and Hero.


No comments:

Post a Comment