Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Touched by God


It has been one year. One year ago today, I witnessed a miracle.

My hamstring hurt. It hurt so much that I couldn’t sit. Driving was painfully difficult. It had kicked up from an old running injury. It was also the week of fasting and prayer at church. I have never been successful at fasting because I start shaking without food. But I can pray. So, I spent my lunch hour that week at church praying. I had to do it on my knees since sitting for an hour was not an option. On Thursday of that week, my pastor prayed with me. He prayed for heeling in my hamstring. I was surprised by his plea to God! When I left, I got in my car and felt no pain. I have not had that pain for a year! God healed me that day. But I know that wasn’t His main goal. This is what God wanted me to grasp:

1)     He is real. Stop doubting His presence, His power, His love for little ol’ me, and His strength.

2)     Stop trying to take care of life on my own. Everything I had done to try to fix that hamstring didn’t work. Why hadn’t I just asked God to take care of it? Why did I think I had to deal with it all on my own? God wants to hear all my wishes, desires, and requests; not just the ones that I think are worthy enough to offer up to Him.

Thank you God for miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment