Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Tunnel Light Marathon


When I signed up for this marathon last spring, I thought it would be good training for the 120 mile race I am doing in October. In fact, I thought I would be so far along in my training that I would be able to qualify for the Boston Marathon at this race. Not everything goes as planned.

After taking 2 months off this summer (unexpected break), I've been running for the last couple of weeks.

However, this was a fun race. I ran about 15 miles with my friend Sarah. She was running her 100th marathon!

This course is on a gravel trail that used to be a railroad. A couple of miles are through a dark tunnel near the beginning of the race. And the best part is that it is a slight downhill grade the whole way!

This video shows what it is like running through the tunnel with headlamps. It seems barely wide enough for a train to fit.
 


Aid station at the exit of the tunnel.

It was misty, and just the right temp for running.

The course was scenic with trestles to cross.
I ran by my family and friends at mile 16. They were rock climbing!
Celebrating Sarah's 100th marathon at the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment