Sunday, November 15, 2015

In Unity We Run

 

I ran the In Unity We Run Half Marathon last weekend. This is my second time running this race (see first time here). It started raining about 30 seconds before the race started and didn't stop. We were dog sitting Baxter for the weekend so I brought him and Hero along for some exercise. It was a slow start--one dog pooped twice, the other pooped once, and I stopped at an outhouse at a golf course to do the same. It became clear after the first mile that Baxter might not make it for the long haul. Fortunately, we have friends that live along the course at mile 2, and they were home! They happily took Baxter in and warmed him up while I continued on the course to the turn-around with Hero.
Baxter lounging with Butler while Hero and I ran.
I picked up Baxter on my way back to the start/finish. We were soaked to the bone and ready to head home right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment