Saturday, December 13, 2014

Deception Pass 25K Trail

The good news is my right foot injury is gone! And without taking the 2 months off that my doctor recommended!! The bad news is my left foot now hurts, in a different place. It's the top of the joint on my big toe. I tried on every pair of running shoes I own and it hurts too much to run. So, I took an old pair that I'm about ready to retire and I cut a hole in the top to relieve the pressure on that joint. It worked like a charm.

Today, I ran a 25K trial run. I only felt the pain when I was running downhill.

This race is one that I highly recommend. It was a beautiful course, challenging, and well supported with volunteers. And the food (and beer) at the end was plentiful, including wood fired pizza.

Before the start of the race.
 
View of the Deception Pass bridge.
 
Views from the Deception Pass bridge.
 

 
 
The trails took us along the water . . .
 
 and on bluffs above the water.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment