Monday, May 5, 2014

#30 and 31 - The Tacoma Runs

Last weekend's races were brought to us by those crazy guys at the Tacoma City Marathon Association who also started the Marathon Maniacs and Half Fanatics clubs.

#30 The Ghost of Tacoma (5/3/14) This was a special race mainly for Half Fanatics and Marathon Maniacs held on the day before the Tacoma City Marathon. There were about 70 of us running. I ran the second half of the race with a gentleman who was doing a full marathon. We talked about all the races we'd done before. It was great to pass the time away.




#31 Tacoma Half Marathon (5/4/14) I loved this race! We started in Gig Harbor and ran to downtown Tacoma. Highlights included going over the Tacoma Narrows Bridge (just a great as running over the Brooklyn Bridge!), running along a memorial to those who lost their lives in the military (very emotional), and running along the northern waterfront (a lot like running at Alki beach in my neighborhood).

I met up with a man around mile 4. He was probably in his late 50s. (He is on the left in the yellow/black jacket below.) This was his first half marathon. I think he'd survived a few rough periods in his life and he was just so thankful to be running. We chatted all the way to the finish line. The miles went by so quickly and painlessly. I got a special medal at the finish line because I ran the Ghost of Tacoma the day before!

This is my favorite run so far. Definitely.


The photos below are from previous races. I didn't get pictures from this year's race and I am bummed that I didn't run with a camera. But these pictures give you an idea of what the run was like!
 

 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment